Yamaha - Power Amplifier - M5000 (silver)
Amplification. In a class of its own
With more than 130 years of experience, Yamaha has grown to become the world's leading sound company.
The M-5000 embodies this spirit with time-honoured craftsmanship and market-leading innovation and serves as the epitome of high-fidelity audio reproduction.
Meticulously designed, the M-5000 adopts a perfectly symmetrical layout to isolate the left and right channels both physically and electrically.
The deliberately simple design which also serves to reduce the signal path as much as possible, minimises energy loss and achieves lower impedance for high-fidelity performance.
As opposed to conventional power amplifier designs whereby power is supplied via a power transistor and the negative polarity is connected to ground, the power supply of the M-5000 is connected directly to each positive and negative side of the output stage.
Completely floating the entire power amp circuit from the ground removes any undesirable impact of minute voltage fluctuations or ground noise.
The design also creates an ideal symmetrical layout for employing MOSFET power amplifiers, improving drivability for low impedance speakers.
Delivering high-fidelity performance, a massive toroidal transformer is utilised with a 3 mm thick pure brass base which suppresses unwanted vibrations.
In addition, the power transformer does not influence the surrounding audio circuits due to less leakage flux.
The drawn-out copper wiring from the winding core contributes to the low impedance design by markedly reducing the loss of energy when compared to conventional designs.
- 200 W + 200 W (4 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 100 W + 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- Meticulously designed, balanced signal transmission
- Floating and balanced power amplifier layout for improved drivability
- Perfectly symmetrical design for isolating left and right channels
- Low impedance design with shortened signal and power supply paths
- Improved construction delivers state-of-the-art rigidity
- Massive toroidal core power transformer
**This product is available In-Store-Only**.
**Contact us for purchasing.**